Thursday, December 15, 2011

Artist Interview - Leila Velasco

Artist Interview

            The name of the artist that I chose for my interview is my friend Ronal Lopez, he's a young draftsman artist that has been working for about four years in an architecture firm called Artist of Tomorrow. Ronal’s grandfather was an oil painter and he remembers that when he was little he would always watch his grandfather paint, Ronal got influenced by his grandfather when he decided to show him some of his art tricks, but one of his grandfather's specialties was painting houses so his grandfather decided to teach him how to hold a pencil and how to draw houses, and that’s what made him have a passion for architecture. One of his best artworks about New York is a cathedral that he did it an axonometric ink vellum paper; he was inspired to do it because he wanted to test himself of what he was capable of. I got a chance to see some of his artwork and I really liked it because I saw how talented is he, he also let me take some pictures of his artwork and some of the tools that he uses to draw the buildings and houses. Besides the New York painting he did, I also liked one he did about a bear in a golden scratch paper and also a similar one he did about two wolves, I was impressed by his artwork because is impressive to see how many young talented artists are out there. I asked him if he had an advice for starting young artists out there and his answer was "My advice would be is to love what you do. If there is no love then there is no passion, no commitment. Don’t let others make you do what they want fallow your own dreams; it’s the only way to be happy in life."

SOME OF HIS ARTWORK PIECES:
"Art is Silent Poetry!" - Ronal Lopez
Bridge - Ronal Lopez 

Drawing of a house - Ronal Lopez

Wolves - Ronal Lopez

Sketches - Ronal Lopez

Bear in Golden Scratch Paper - Ronal Lopez

Cathedral - Ronal Lopez











Elephant - Ronal Lopez

The tools he uses for his architectural artwork



No comments:

Post a Comment