Thursday, September 22, 2011

PS 1 MoMa - 9/11 Exhibition

My experience on the 9/11 exhibition was awesome because I was able to see the art work that some artists made to pay tribute to the 9/11 tragedy. One of the exhibitions that I liked was Untitled by Matt Mullican which was the one in the basement, I liked it because it made me felt like if I was underground in one of the Twin Towers, I got a little bit scared at first because when I saw his art work the first thing that crossed my mind how people might have felt at that moment when they were trapped under the rubble when the towers fell down. Unfortunately, I couldn't take that many pictures from the exhibition because it was not allowed in the museum, but this was the only picture that I was able to get. There was another art piece that I liked but I couldn't take a picture and it was called Questions by Barbara Kruger, in her artwork there was two quotes with the colors blue, red and white that were replacing the colors of the American flag and the first quote said "Look for the moment when pride becomes contempt." Then the second quote said "Who is free to choose? Who is beyond the law? Who is healed? Who is housed? Who speaks? Who is silenced? Who salute longest? Who prays loudest? Who dies first? Who laughs fast?," I also liked that art work from Barbara because I want to become a Graphic Designer like her because I like turning things like Barbara did with the American flag into words or letters, I want people to figure out what is the message in the art work and what it represents for me. I just don't think about the painting itself but I also think about what message I want to give to the people when they see my art work and that's why I liked Barbara's art piece the most when I saw it on the exhibition.

1 comment:

  1. Did you see James Turrell on the third floor in the same exhibition?

    ReplyDelete